Welcome to Class 10’s Class page. Please explore this page to find out information about our class and our learning.
Teacher: Mrs R Webbe
Teaching assistant: Ms N Watts
Our topic for Spring Term 2021 is: Keen to be Green
At Sandfields Primary School, we aim for all our children to become fluent, confident readers who are passionate about reading.
Children who read regularly or are read to regularly have the opportunity to open the doors to so many different worlds! More importantly, reading will give your child the tools to become independent life-long learners.
We can achieve this together through:
- Read Write Inc, a programme to help to your child read at school
- Encouraging children to develop a love of books by reading to them daily, at home and at school
- Giving children access to a wide range of books at school and at home.
- A range of activities to develop oracy skills.
- Shared, guided and individual reading and writing activities with a focus on spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Genre work – Non-fiction:
- Reports – letters,
- Travel Guides, and Leaflets.
- Letters/ e-mails
- Genre work – Fiction:
- Story– reading and writing.
- Investigating Character
- Building a story writer toolkit
- Mental Maths strategies
- Number work – place value (hundreds, tens and units), mental addition and subtraction. Multiplication and division.
- Reasoning, problem solving and algebra.
- Fractions, ratio and proportion.
The first few weeks of the summer term will focus on preparing your child for the National Procedural and Reasoning Test, which will cover all of the mathematical skills above.
- Football skills are the focused area for this half term.
- After half term, Hockey Skills will be developed.
PE day: Friday
Due to current restrictions, changing for PE at school is not possible. Please make sure that your child wears appropriate kit to school on PE day– t-shirt and shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms and trainers.
Homework – your child will have homework which can be written sheets or set on a number of online platforms we use- Numbots, Dojo, Teams, TT Rockstars or J2E. Your child has their user name and passwords to access these activities. If they have forgotten these, please do not hesitate to contact the class teacher for a reminder.
Reading books will not be sent home with your child at this current time, due to current restrictions. However, we must emphasise the importance of reading at home with your child, your support and encouragement really does help their learning. All pupils have been issued with a read theory pupil account, where levelled appropriate reading challenges can be done online at home and school.
National Tests will be carried out in May – please help your child to become familiar with the format of the tests (some practise questions will be sent out as homework).
Just a reminder… (most of you know this already!)
- For class 10, school starts at 9am and school ends at 3pm at this current time. As we are encouraging independence, please say goodbye to your child at the hall entrance door- no adult can enter the school building during our current Covid 19 rules.
- We kindly ask you to follow social distancing guidelines whilst waiting on the yard.
- If your child is late or has a medical appointment, please report to the office and a member of staff will escort your child safely to class.
- Any pupils needing to be collected early for medical or dental appointments need to be signed out on the pupil signing out register before leaving the premises and recorded at main Reception. This is to ensure safety of all our pupils.
- Where possible, could you please ensure that staff are informed in advance if anyone else will be collecting your child.
- If your child is ill or unable to attend school for any other reason, please could you inform the office.
- A polite reminder that we are a ‘Healthy School’ – Please could you provide your child with a healthy packed lunch if they would prefer not to have a school dinner.
- Due to current circumstances, we are unable to offer a ‘tuck shop’ at school. As a result, we would encourage your child to bring a healthy snack to eat at break-time and a clean water bottle with them to school everyday.
- If your child wishes to bring in their own school stationary, face mask and/or hand sanitizer to use in class, they will be allowed to do so.
- As the weather is unpredictable, please ensure that your child brings in a school jumper/cardigan and a suitable coat to school everyday; clearly labelled with their name.
- Dinner money – This should be paid using the online ParentPay system. If you are unsure about this process, please feel free to ask staff for help.
As always, we believe it is very important to involve you in your child’s learning and look forward to continue working with you to help your child enjoy their learning experience this year. If you have any questions or concerns, or if there is anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Home Learning :
Useful websites: Try these websites for learning opportunities and developing Digital Competencies