Our vision for Sandfields Primary School can be summarised in the following statement:
Our vision is to provide an environment that challenges, inspires and supports all children to achieve their full potential and aspirations. We ensure all children are happy, safe and cared for and in turn become responsible and caring towards others. We celebrate diversity, encouraging inclusion for all pupils as part of one nurturing school community.
Children develop as valued individuals who are encouraged to be active participants having a voice in decision-making about their own learning and the wider community. Learning opportunities are well planned, challenging, exciting and engaging enabling them to become confident, independent learners. Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff. We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students’ learning.
Our aim at Sandfields Primary is to aspire to develop the whole child in order to achieve their full potential, to participate in wider community and develop transferable skills enabling them to become successful citizens in the 21st Century.
At Sandfields Primary School, we aim to
- provide a school ethos where each child feels valued, respected and proud of themselves, their school and their local community
- encourage children to develop a hunger for and enthusiasm of learning through a lively, enquiring mind and develop in each child, self-confidence, self esteem, a positive attitude and a love for learning which will stay with him/her forever .
- encourage and develop independence of learning and to help pupils acquire knowledge, skills and values relevant to future life
- ensure that all pupils experience high quality and purposeful teaching and learning – encouraging and enabling all pupils to achieve their potential.
- ensure that all pupils have access to high quality resources and expertise. These will be provided within an interactive environment that encourages fun, creativity, respect and enjoyment
- Work in partnership with parents, carers, governors and other professionals to provide support, guidance and training through clear information on all aspects of school life and targets for self-improvement
- To provide a caring, secure and ordered environment where all can work and play with confidence. We strive to achieve this by ensuring school rules and polices are correctly adhered to. Communicating and acting upon risks and hazards in the environment and making necessary improvements where appropriate.
- achieve a partnership with parents and carers in the education of their children through providing parents with clear information on all aspects of school life, and in particular targets for self-improvement.
- promote the use of the bilingualism in order that it becomes a natural part of daily school life foster the child’s integrity, by spiritual awareness, so that the child recognises certain principles of moral behaviour and shows respect for all racial and cultural backgrounds
- actively seek to raise all standards and be part of an on going self-evaluation process.